So, I've been trying to avoid posting more than once a day for multiple reasons. For starters, I don't want to get burned out on typing here. Secondly, I don't want to run out of things to post about (Saving the Birth Stories and whatnot for times when I don't know what else to put here maybe?). Thirdly, I don't know, it seems odd to write multiple posts a day to me maybe? I'm not sure.
That being said, it's just after 9 am and already I've cleaned the kitchen, fed the kids, taken a shower, put Gavin back down for his nap and gotten ready for Physical Therapy.
Why do I have physical therapy, you may be wondering. Well, I was trying to do a regular workout routine (Jillian Michaels 30 day shred) and found that an old ankle injury from 10 years ago started flaring up, so I went to the doctor to get it checked out. There turned out to be nothing REALLY wrong with my ankle that the MRI could tell, so they sent me to a Physical Therapist. My physical therapist tested the flexibility of my ankles and joints, and we found that I have Hyper-extensive Joints, meaning my ankles and whatnot are a lot more flexible than they should be/have more range of motion than what is normal, which can cause a higher chance of injury or sprained ankles. Also, with my ankle injury being the way it is, it also caused my hips to be misaligned. The main thing we've been focusing on is my hips, since they seem to give me the most problems.
My hips, on the other hand, are weak in the joints and the muscles, so we've been working to strengthen them. With these two problems, it also added back pain (Which has dramatically dropped now I've been doing Physical Therapy). We have been working on my core, my hips and my ankles to help me make them stronger. I still am not supposed to do anything high impact like running or jogging, nor am I sure I'll ever be able to do that without causing injury to myself. Time will tell. My goals for Physical Therapy are to get to a point where I can do regular workouts and keep myself fit without the fear of injuring myself due to these current conditions.
Anywho, maybe I'll post more than one entry a day sometimes? Let me know in the comments your opinion on that. :)
I dislocated my knee last February, popped it back into place myself before the paramedics showed up, so nothing was revealed in the ER from the x ray. I've had problems with it ever since, it pops, clicks, shifts wrong and just plain aches sometimes. Told my DR who referred me to an Orthopedic specialist who scheduled an MRI; still nothing showed up. And he couldn't find anything in a physical examination.
ReplyDeleteSo end of the story, I'm treating myself, ha! Got some resistance bands and strengthening the muscles. Running every day now to strengthen the joint. Can't complain, still pops sometimes but nothing that impairs my movement.
Guess I'll never really know for sure what's going on with it until something happens and I need surgery! Which totally sucks now that I reread my writing.
Anyways, enough yakking, good for you and keep at it!
Who watches your little one while you go running?
DeleteWell, the Mr. deployed, and our lease ended at our current apartment. If we renewed the lease, rent was going to go up 500 dollars a month. There was nothing affordable, or worth it in the area to move into a new place at the time. So I'm back in Michigan right now, staying at the folk's while I'm looking for a new place back near post.
DeleteI go out during her morning or afternoon nap depending on the weather (so totally can't run in the heat or humidity, i'm a puss) Sometimes I even go late after she goes to bed. But my mum is always in the house to tend to her if she wakes up early. I only really let myself go for about 30 mins. Gives me enough time to hop in the shower before she wakes up.
Ahh ok. I knew that the Mr. deployed... I just wasn't sure how you were able to go on runs. I had to figure you had someone to watch the little one. I'm trying to figure out something like that for myself where I can maybe go to the gym once or twice a week. :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete