05 September 2013

My Thoughts on Syria

First off, I try to stay out of the debates most times on Facebook and other social media platforms due to the conflict and asshattery that can come of it. That being said, I have a little bit to say about Syria myself.

What is going on over there is tragic, there's no question about that. No country, family or person should have to go through that. That being said, I think the US needs to keep its nose out of it. I have my reasons and will gladly share them with you.


  1. We have enough problems to deal with on our own, without involving ourselves in another problem across the world... and with a country that hates us, none the less. The US needs to stop being the "Global Police" and take care of its own people.
  2. As you know, we are a Military Family. That being said, there have been budget cuts across the board, families who are worried about if they're going to lose some of their health care benefits, lose some of their housing benefits and more. We can't afford another war. The whole reason the United States is doing these cuts across the board is because of the country's debt. Wars are expensive.
  3. There is poverty, children on the streets, run down cities and more within our own country that everyone seems to ignore, especially the government and media. Children and families are starving on the streets in our own country, living under whatever housing they can find, be it a cardboard box, a screened in porch, anything they can find to put a "roof" over their heads. I think we should focus on our own people before trying to help everyone else out there.
I could go on and on about various things that are wrong with our country that we should focus on, how the Military is one of the largest budget cuts that have been done, yet they have to deal with it and fight a potential war that is against several soldier's beliefs, but the fact of the matter is... Military members don't get a say in what goes on. If they're told to go to war, they go to war. End of story. They can't go on strikes, they can't say "no, I don't believe in this war, so I will sit this one out" or anything like that. They suck it up and do what they're told. Military members and families, in my opinion, make more sacrifices than most other families and jobs out there, if not all of them. We don't get a choice in the matter, we just have to deal with it. And before anyone posts "Well, that's what you signed up for", don't. Seriously. It's not something I, as well as some other military wives and members like to hear. 

Anyway, these are some of my thoughts on the matter. Granted, there could be more to say and I know for a fact not everyone will agree with me, but that's fine. These are my opinions on the matter.

1 comment: