07 September 2013

Happy Birthday Wyatt!

Hello! So, today has been a roller coaster type of day. The past several nights, Gavin has woke up screaming once or twice. I am pretty sure its not Night Terrors or Nightmares, as its a different type of screaming than what Rowan used to do/sometimes does. I'm thinking his screaming is due to Growing Pains and Teething. Gavin hasn't handled teething as well as Rowan did... he's more fussy and whatnot because of it. I also think it might be Growing Pains on top of Teething because he's almost 15 months and has started to not eat as much (Like Rowan did when he would go through a growth spurt), from eating like he were a black hole. He also won't eat anything beside Peanut Butter Sandwiches most days.

So, that's how my last couple nights have went. Gavin has been a "through the night" sleeper for a while, so its a little bit of a change for both of us. Rowan is pretty good about sleeping through it, so that's not an issue.

I was particularly tired this morning (Stress and Anxiety triggers on top of a lack of sleep) so I was already on the "on edge" type of thing. Rowan, trying to get his way and get my attention, dropped a sippy cup on my eye (It was an accident), which kind of set me over the edge for a second and I told him to go away and he didn't get his juice right away because of it. He needs to learn to have a little more patience. After that was done and dealt with, I got him his juice, fixed him breakfast (Cereal) and decided to try to relax by laying back down in bed for a bit. It helped a little, but I still had a Rowan who wouldn't really give me a chance to de-stress a bit, so I got up and got them ready to go to Wyatt's birthday party (He is one of the two boys I babysit for a friend. He is 4 and has a 2 year old brother).

Rowan had a blast there. There was a swimming pool set up, kids aged 7 months-about 10 years (All boys) and one 13 year old girl. There were also several adults. He had fun running and swimming and swinging and playing with water guns. I got some pictures that I'll see about adding to this entry later today or something, as I haven't taken them off my camera yet. Overall, Rowan got pretty tuckered out. I'm glad he had fun though. Gavin enjoyed himself too, he was the youngest there until the 7 month old came, so everyone was talking about how adorable he was and how cute he was. He was eating it up. I put Gavin in the pool for a little bit while we were outside, he seemed to enjoy it. I also got him to deal with the feeling of grass (It's been an issue. Every time I've tried to put him on grass to play or walk (Shoes or no shoes), he would begin to SCREAM like the world was ending). Today, he was able to sit and walk on the grass without too many issues (Granted, a lot was going on and he had a lot to look at, which probably had something to do with it).

Now, I have Gavin up (It's about 7pm) and he's eating another Peanut Butter Sandwich. He's tired, however, as he keeps coming over to the couch and laying his head on it and he is also doing the "drunk baby" walk. I'll probably put him back down by 8 at the latest.

Neither of the kids had their naps today, so when we got back (At almost 5pm), both kids were ready to pass out, so I got a 30 minute power nap in (It's a little late in the day for a power nap, but between the stress, lack of sleep and heat, I needed it).

Anywho, I may try to add some pictures later, but for now, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment