So, I got a "surprise" visit from Joe this weekend. It was nice to see him again (it's only been two weeks, but hey, I'll take what I can get!). The reason the word "surprise" is in quotes is because I had a feeling since earlier this week that he was going to visit. I love the man dearly, but when it comes to trying to surprise me or plan something, he has TONS of dead giveaways.
First thing that hinted me to it is some of the questions he was asking (not going to get in to them as they're a bit TMI). I knew then that he was planning something and already had an idea as to what it was, but when I questioned his motives or anything, he simply said he was "just wondering" about things. Haha, right.
So the week goes on and he tells me he has a "surprise" for me and that it will be "delivered" this weekend sometime. That right there confirmed everything with the way he was acting. I asked him if he was coming to visit, and he told me no and would come up with a bunch of things. It was cute.
So, Friday rolls around and he tells me his plans for the night were to do laundry and that he would call me before he went to bed. He also said that he had made a "deposit" on his surprise for me and needed to withdraw the rest of the money needed so it would be "delivered". By this time, I knew he was planning to come visit, so I didn't really object too much to this.
It comes around to Rowan's bed time and Joe ALWAYS talks to Rowan before he goes to bed, so when 8pm rolled around, I texted Joe asking if he wanted to talk to Rowan. He said "Later". I told him that Rowan needed to go to bed, so I called Joe and handed the phone to Rowan. Joe was obviously planning to surprise Rowan when he go there, but I knew that Rowan would get grumpy if he didn't get to bed at a decent hour, so I made sure that Joe understood that.
Eventually, he finally admitted he was coming to visit and when he got here, I told him I knew it practically the whole time and that he was horrible when it came to "keeping it cool" for surprises and everything. Long story short, my husband fails at keeping things calm, collected and cool when it comes to trying to surprise me. He has dead giveaways that make it hard for me to be surprised (though I appreciate the gestures none the less).
It's the thought that counts, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment