My name is Sahra. I have two handsome little boys, Rowan and Gavin, aged 3 years and 15 Months (As of this entry). My husband is in the US Army and has been since 2009. I've been an Army Wife for almost the entire time he has been in the military. We got married while he was at his AIT, but before that we had been dating for 2 years. We have known each other since 6th grade (As of today, that's about 12 years).
The way we started in the Military was my husband, Joe, went to Basic Training (Obviously he was just my Fiance at the time) at Fort Jackson in February of 2009. From there, he went to his AIT in Georgia until late November. From Georgia, he went to South Korea. I wasn't able to join him right away while he was in South Korea, as I had to get my passport taken care of and a bunch of other things.
We found out we were pregnant with our first son, Rowan shortly before he left for Korea. It was a pleasant surprise, as we had been trying for a little while, but had no luck. Once we stopped trying, that's when we conceived. He was very excited when he found out, telling everyone he came in to contact with, stranger or not.
So, he left for South Korea and I was still in Michigan getting everything in order. I joined him in South Korea in March of 2010, about 5-6 months pregnant at the time. It was my first time ever flying outside the USA, so it was very exciting.
We had my son, Rowan in Korea in a Korean Hospital. It was an experience. I'll go in to more detail on the birth stories later of the boys.
While we were in Korea, we conceived our second son, Gavin. We left Korea when I was about 5-6 months pregnant in January of 2012. We spent two years in Korea.
Our next duty station would be Fort Hood, TX. It is where we currently reside and will until he finishes his next AIT, which will be later this year.
That's a quick rundown of our Military Life so far, and I'll go into greater detail in other blog entries (Should I remember to post).
Through the 4 and a half years we've been in the military, I've made several friends that I'm very grateful for, but I haven't forgot my friends that are back home in Michigan.
This blog is to provide daily or weekly thoughts that go through my mind or updates on the children for family who might be interested in keeping up with them.
^_^ I knew all this info already but its always nice to read again. Sometimes the best way to vent or even just to express yourself is to write it out. I'll be watching for more ^_^
ReplyDeleteToo all readers out there, keep in mind not every family's military experience is the same. This is one pool noodle out of the entire community pool, in which disgusting adults have urinated in.
ReplyDeleteWhich is why it says "My Life as an Army Wife" and not "The Army Wife Life" or something like that. ;)
Delete